Wednesday 28 January 2015

actually trying to get somewhere


Ugh so I thought, let's do this thing! - a post a day. Even if its just a line. Any bit of writing will do. Anything. Just to get the creative juices flowing (or in my case, the wads of fluff that exist in my brain actually forming into articulate thought).

But has that happened?

no.

How am I going to survive doing English and Creative Writing at uni when I can't even form the sentences for a simple daily blog post? 

Well I've been blaming it on the fact that because I lack a camera I can't embellish my posts with a picture because lets face it, words as badly written as mine just get boring without something visual to look at -

but then I was like, who am I kidding, who really looks at this thing anyway? 

so I might as well give it a whack even though there's literally nothing in my head to write about right now.

...although does a true writer ever say that?

I suppose I am writing as we speak.

What an oxymoron.

As an English student I've discovered two things: one, that I now recognize all the discrepancies in my writing. two, that I can now do them deliberately.

If I don't use capitals and I misuse the definition of an oxymoron and I say I'm speaking even though I haven't uttered a word out loud since I sat down at this screen, rest assured it is all deliberate.

(I should have said irony instead of oxymoron but it didn't sound as good)... I'm the type of writer that focuses more on what syllables sound like than whether they're grammatically correct; I drive the OCD's mad.

I don't know there's just something so satisfying about playing with the rules. That's not a great principle for life, please don't get any ideas.

Or...

Or maybe all this is just an excuse for this load of word vomit I'm spouting forth.

I give up this will have to do. I'm going to grab a hot chocolate and a plate of toast and go and read Isaiah.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm reading! *Shakespearian voice* you haven't written this 'word vomit' in vain-eth. (; Seriously.. you are a writer! That's something two people have told me over the past several months, and now I'm telling you, and the clarification is the important part...when you sit down at your desk, with your laptop, and your focus is on words, and words are finding their way out of your thoughts and through your fingertips onto a page, you are a writer. Your soul is definitely in your writing, and just from reading this small piece I can tell that you have a great, personal style to how you create words and sentences. So even if you don't do it every day, keep it up! You've got a new follower, girl. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it's almost impossible to consistently blog at least once a day. I think that when we do that, blogging ceases to be fun. It should never feel like a chore. You are a GREAT writer and your readers will love your blog whether you blog once a day or once a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie my heart kind of leaped to see your comment - thank you so much for your lovely words! :) it is true what you say... and it IS the most encouraging-est thing to be reminded of the thrillingness of just being, a writer. I shall try my best to persevere! and hooray, I'm excited to think you'll be reading my babble, thank you! :D


    Optimistic Existentialist - you are quite right and I shall endeavour to make sure it stays the joy that it should be! thank you for cheering me with your kind comments! I'm truly more excited for this blog journey now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my words could help cheer you on, girl! ^_^ keep it up, I'll be reading *hugs*

      Delete

drop a little line